The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP), a renowned leader for more than two decades in the global climate change policy arena, is seeking applications for a Climate Adaptation Policy Analyst . This temporary position is located in CCAP's Washington, DC offices.
CCAP's mission is to significantly advance cost-effective and pragmatic air quality and climate policy through analysis, dialogue and education to reach a broad range of policy-makers and stakeholders worldwide. CCAP's adaptation program works with public and private sector decision makers and practitioners to enhance community resilience, protect critical infrastructure, and foster sustainable economies.
The Policy Analyst will assist CCAP's Adaptation Program Director with the Weathering Climate Risks program to advance community climate resilience. Assignments will include:
- Research (adaptation, hazard mitigation, adaptation / climate mitigation synergies, best practices, visualizing resilience, measuring resilience, economics of resilience)
- Policy analysis and writing
- Preparing for workshops in pursuit of establishing public-private climate adaptation collaboration in specific US cities.
- Developing presentations and engaging stakeholders (email, phone, conferences)
- General outreach through website, blogs, and social media (Linked-In, Twitter, Climate Access)
- Graduate degree in Planning, Economics, Business Administration, Environmental Science, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Prior experience on climate adaptation or risk management preferred.
- Available to travel periodically.
- Proven ability to excel in a highly dynamic environment.
- Spanish skills may be a plus.
This position is available immediately through February 2014.
Since 1985, the Center for Clean Air Policy has developed climate and air quality policy solutions in the U.S. and around the world that are cost-effective while addressing the needs of key stakeholders. Through our multi-stakeholder policy dialogues, CCAP has helped generate an improved understanding of how to use federal and state laws and regulations to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. CCAP has been a thought leader on urban adaptation planning, smart growth and transportation planning, as demonstrated through Growing Wealthier, Smart Growth, Climate Change and Prosperity , and recent blog entries at: http://ccap.org/programs/weathering-climate-risks/ .
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank...