This position is responsible for monitoring the indoor climbing wall participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure the safe operation of the climbing wall:
· Inspect and maintain safety equipment, set up and take down equipment.
· Monitor participant equipment for proper use; check participant belay certification is current.
· Assist patrons: check patron release forms; confirm participant’s payment of fees; check out climbing shoes.
· Administer first aid and properly document each incident.
· Document incidents, completes reports and notifies supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
· All aspects of rock climbing including: bouldering, belaying, knots, climbing technique, equipment use and safety protocols.
· Town and department policies and procedures
· General safety rules and regulations
· Recreation and program instruction
· Department rules and regulations
· Blood borne pathogens
· Observe and work with large groups of children
· Performing basic mathematical calculations.
· Follow directions; enforce rules
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Possess good customer service skills
· 18 years of age at the time of employment.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year experience rock climbing.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- First Aid
- Current belay certification
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record for the past five years
Work is performed indoors.
The work is typically performed while walking; climbing; stooping, bending and crouching. The employee lifts light to medium objects.
Town of Chapel Hill, NC - 2 years ago