Clinic Assistant Float On Call
Job ID: : 26099
Department: : BL Clinic Office Support Staff
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington Clinic
Position Type: : On Call Float
Anticipated Work Schedule: : This is an on call float position. Days and hours may vary, Monday through Friday, 6:45am- 5:45pm.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 0
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for an on - call Clinic Assistant Float in our HealthPartners Clinics. Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. This position is a vital point of contact for a patient entering the HPMG Clinics. This position facilitates the process of scheduling appointments and has responsibility for accurate collection of current financial and demographic information. This position directly impacts revenue collection for the medical group.
This is an on call, float position; days and hours may vary Monday through Friday, between 6:45am and 5:45pm.
HealthPartners Apple Valley Clinic
HealthPartners Eagan Clinic
HealthPartners Bloomington Clinic
HealthPartners St Paul Clinic
HealthPartners Midway Clinic (St Paul)
HealthPartners Como Clinic (St Paul)
HealthPartners Nokomis Clinic (Minneapolis)
Health Center for Women (Minneapolis)
- Data entry - 4,000 keystrokes
- Medical Terminology test
- High School diploma or GED
- Meets one of the following:
- Graduate of a formal training program in medical reception, an equivalent program, or a customer service program
- Two years experience as a medical receptionist
- Two years experience in a customer service position
- One year experience using data look-up and data entry functions on a mainframe or PC based computer system
- One year customer service experience either via telephone or in-person within the last five years
- Demonstrated ability to organize work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to function with multiple priorities and interruptions
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Oral and written communications with customers requires adequate speech, vision, and hearing. Proficiency in English is required. Proficiency in other languages may be required. Use of a telephone and computer terminal also requires adequate hand writing and manual dexterity skills.
1. Customer Service
Care for each person as he/she would like to be cared for by:
2. Check-in and Co-pay Administration
- Putting the patient first at every opportunity
- Listening to understand each patient
- Showing concern for each patient
- Acting individually and with others to meet each patient’s needs
3. Computerized Appointment Scheduling for appointments
- Check in patients in an accurate and professional manner
- Identify and accurately collect co-pays or appropriate fees
- Use computer-based system to verify patient information
- Understand and communicate benefit changes to members, or refer to appropriate resource
- Communicate wait times in a diplomatic manner
- Direct patients to the appropriate care area
- Prepare reconciliation report
- Provide patients with appropriate forms, questionnaires, etc.
4. Registration and Verification
- Schedule appointments in an accurate and timely manner according to Advanced Access principles
- Maintain knowledge of appointment scheduling practices
- Maintain knowledge of appointment scheduling policies and procedures
5. Specialty Appointment Coordination
- Complete the registration process, including reviewing the registration information for completeness and accuracy and obtain further information, if necessary
- Verify insurance eligibility, if necessary
- Register patients in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Identify appropriate account type, e.g., Workers compensation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, etc.
6. Facilitate timely and accurate flow of communication within the clinic
- Provide patient with information required to schedule specialty appointments
7. Maintain open communication with Appointment Center to ensure patient and provider needs are met
- Answer telephone and respond appropriately to the caller
- Take and relay messages requiring follow-up to appropriate individuals
- Prepare records and materials for new patient appointments
- Assist with the clerical duties of the clinic, e.g., faxing information, making copies, etc.
8. General Accountabilities
- Coordinate schedule templates
- Coordinate emergency schedule changes
- Coordinate schedule holds consistent with Advanced Access principles
- Coordinate schedules regarding provider vacation, rounding, and other out of clinic changes
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #26099.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Regional On Call for Apple Valley, Bloomington, Como, St Paul, Midway, Center for International Health, Eagan, Nokomis, Health Center for Women
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...