Employees in this position are responsible for receiving and registering new clinic patients as well as general clerical duties.
- Employee provides clerical support as Clinic Business Office Assistant for the SON Larry Combest Community Health and Wellness Center. In this role the employee works collaboratively and communicates effectively with other team members (clinical and non-clinical staff) in relation to patient care, clinical operations, and other entities.
- Assist with the flow to ensure there is effective communication in relation to patient care, clinical operations, and other entities.
- Employee serves as the initial point of contact for patients responsible for operating a multiline phone system, receiving all incoming calls and transfer calls as needed.
- Assist patients in completing paperwork.
- Responsible for using the computer system to schedule appointments and patient registration, and patient check out.
- Is responsible for verifying and entering pertinent patient information such as, insurance, demographical, and contact information into the computer system.
- Is responsible for determining patient eligibility for medical services.
- Is responsible for reviewing and maintaining all clinic provider schedules on a daily/monthly basis in the computer system.
- Is responsible for collecting fee payments for services rendered, make changes, post payments, create receipts, balance cash drawer, and entering payment information into the computer system.
A minimum of a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Six months to one year of directly related experience within a general office or healthcare environment.
Medical Office Experience:
Preferred Computer Knowledge:
- Two years of office experience in a medical environment.
- At least one year working in physician’s office or hospital admissions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience handling heavy telephone traffic, patient scheduling and registration.
- Experience with general office practices and procedures.
- Accurately typing 35 wpm.
- Prefer course work/training beyond high school, equivalent to one year of college.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD9, CPT coding.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred to meet clinic patient needs for patient care.
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology, coding, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of proper cash control and is required to pass credit check for cash handling responsibilities.
- Have sound working knowledge and experience in entering data in to ERM system accurately with a low margin of error.
- Have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Have excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced medical office.
- Proficient using and navigating medical software such as eMDs.
- Working knowledge of other software applications (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Proficient using Windows based programs.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V. and Letter of Recommendation are required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Ability to communicate effectively with bilingual patients to meet patient care needs.
Visual acuity, hearing, walking, standing, bending and squatting. Able to sit for long periods of time, lift up to twenty pounds able to stare at the computer monitor for long periods of time.
Hourly Pay Range
8.73 - 12.27
Monthly Pay Range
1513.20 - 2126.80
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.