Reporting to the Practice Manager, the clinic LPN assists the physician or
- Graduate of accredited school related to discipline
- Licensure Required
- 1-2 years experience is required
mid-level provider by providing assessment, treatment, testing, and
education for the patients of the practice. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum 1 year nursing experience required. Clinic nursing experience
Certifications / Licenses
Current LPN license in the state of Missouri or compact licensure. BLS
Certification required or completion through hospital.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner
- Greets patients warmly and respectfully
- Shows concern and respect for others by dealing with people in a
regulations for the privacy of protected health information
- Keeps both patient and significant others informed
- Respects the confidentiality of patient information and adheres to
- Adheres to all regulatory agency mandates and board of nursing
administration if IV certified).
- Administers medications (oral, IM, and SC) as ordered. (IV medication
instruments and supplies.
- Assists the provider with procedures; including the set up of needed
and other pertinent details.
- Assists with patient examination as needed.
- Escorts patients to exam room and documents chief complaint/visit reason
- Documents patient care in the medical record completely and accurately.
- Obtains and documents patient height, weight and vital signs accurately.
- Initiates, reviews, and updates the patient's medication and summary
and other specimens as ordered.
- Maintains optimum inventory of medications and supplies as assigned.
- Performs and records point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples
documentation of such in the medical record.
- Provides and documents patient teaching and education as needed.
- Performs telephone triage to meet patient needs and provides
precertification authorization as required by payers.
- Schedules diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, obtaining
Mental / Physical Requirement
pathogens: Caution must be used at all times to take appropriate safety measures,
- Age of population served specific to clinic.
- Body Fluid Exposure: Yes.
- External Contacts: Community agencies and advocates.
- Internal Contacts: Patient's family members and significant others.
- Internal Contacts: Patients.
- Internal Contacts: Providers (i.e. physicians).
- Internal Contacts: Staff (i.e. clinical and admin support staff).
- Internal Contacts: Volunteers.
- Occupational Hazards - exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne
including wearing rubber gloves, use of all personal protective equipment, masks,
goggles, aprons and gowns.
Potential for exposure to blood and body fluids.
Contact with other staff, patients, family members and significant others.
Typical medical clinic and hospital setting, working closely with patients
and office staff.
Phelps County Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago