Clinic RN Manager I
Job ID: : 26613
Department: : MA Administration
City: : Maplewood, MN
Location: : HP - Maplewood Clinic
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday - Friday, 8 to 5, flexibility
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Clinic Manager I for our Maplewood Clinic. This position will provide overall direction and management of care delivery and support operations at assigned location(s) in partnership with the Chief of Professional Services and department leaders. Responsible for ensuring clinic staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective and patient focused services. Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers to establish, implement and maintain patient care and quality service standards to meet members’ and patients’ expectations. Partner with the Physician Leader (COPS), Regional Clinic Director and the leadership team at the site to identify clinic priorities and initiatives in support of the mission and goals of HealthPartners. Work in collaboration with other primary, specialty, ancillary care and pharmacy supervisors, managers and directors to ensure the experience is seamless for the patient.
- Manages day to day operations of clinic including resolution of human resource, labor relations, employee safety and risk management issues; plans, directs and manages the staff at clinical site
- Evaluates performance and provides feedback for direct reports
- Establishes and maintains a culture of accountability.
- Develops and maintains community relationships
- Serves the community through involvement in and support of community activities
- Responsible for recruitment and retention, management, development and training of supervisory staff and employees directly or in collaboration with service line supervisors
- Partners with HR, Nursing leadership and physicians to support learning CEUs, webinars and other learning opportunities for leaders and front line staff
- Works with staff physicians, lead physicians and department heads to assure the operations of the clinic maximize physician time and create an environment staff and physicians enjoy
- Partners broadly with key leaders in other departments including Marketing, Patient Accounting, Facilities and Member Services, CareLine, Appointment Center, Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy, Coding Services
- Builds a culture of collaboration and trust throughout the clinic that drives employee satisfaction through initiatives such as Healthy Workplace
- Monitors and assesses for quality improvement processes including Care Model Process
- Uses data for decision-making and participates in the development of data collection systems required to administer clinic operations.
- Plan and implement key HPMG goals and objectives including, but not limited to, implementation of best practice, quality improvement initiatives and execution of prepared practice teams.
- Ensures effective and consistent implementation of projects and initiatives
- Ensures the improvement of health and quality measures, i.e., optimal diabetes care
- Leads local improvement efforts to improve systems and patient care results
- Builds a culture of collaboration and trust that drives improved staff satisfaction and drives toward 10th percentile results in our patient experience measure.
- Manages patient satisfaction and employee involvement
- Ensures consistency in customer service in all areas
- Manages outcomes for any complaints or concerns with members and patients; using prescribed methods of service recovery; provides follow up after resolution
- Uses data to guide and direct clinic operations
- Plans, develops and monitors the budget for their area of responsibility
- Monitors financial performance, identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service
- Prepares and administers emergency response plans
- Responsible for all facility management including upkeep and remodeling and offers suggestions for prioritization when appropriate to Facilities Services
- Actively works to meet group practice building goals set by HPMG
Perform other duties as assigned.
- In everything you do, think “partner”
- Be a great coach
- Involve and engage your team members
- Care about your team members as people
- Be clear about results and stay focused on them
- Make healthy, productive communication a priority
- Help guide team members careers
- Have courage, do the right thing
- Four-year college degree; BS or BA in a health related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinic or health care setting supervisory experience
- Current RN licensure in Minnesota and must be able to get RN licensure in Wisconsin within two months of hire
- Demonstrated understanding of local and national health care markets
- Demonstrated skills in budget forecasting, development and monitoring
- Previous experience in team building, multi-disciplinary collaboration and mentorship
- Ability to use information and data to drive change and improvement
- Demonstrated record in customer service and building provider relationships
- Ability to work from both a position of authority and a position of influence.
- Ability to motivate, involve and engage highly diverse constituent groups
- Skills in establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with all levels of management, physicians, employees and the general public.
- Ability to cooperate, collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization and divisions
- Understanding of reimbursement and regulatory practices
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of operations within a unionized workplace
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor employees and leaders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and manage resources and meet budget requirements
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 26613.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Need RN license
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
HealthPartners - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...