Coordinates and provides nursing care including the assessment, education and treatment of patients. Provides leadership for ancillary staff performing physician delegated medical tasks.
UTILIZES THE NURSING PROCESS AS THE BASIS FOR PATIENT CARE PRACTICE.
MANAGES/COORDINATES THE ACTIVITIES REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY OF QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
- Accurately performs and documents assessments of patients as indicated and within established procedures.
- Implements age appropriate care based on nursing assessment and medical plan of care.
- Provides effective patient/family education based on individualized learning needs to include discharge instructions.
- Provides accurate evaluation of patient response to plan of care as appropriate.
PARTICIPATES IN EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES.
- Establishes priorities for patient care within established polices and procedures.
- Delegates nursing care in accordance to acuity of patient needs and personnel's qualifications.
- Facilitates communication and coordination of interdisciplinary activities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Functions as relief charge nurse as needed.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Serves as preceptor/resource and provides effective in-service education as requested.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Attains required CE for licensure in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staff meeting content as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to function effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse the State of Texas or possess a temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting license receipt.
- One to two years experience preferred.
No experience required, but preferred
Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
Texas State Board of Nursing RN license required; Basic Cardiac Life Support required
Round Rock Clinic Infusion - Medical
Part-time, 20 hours/week; day shift
Scott & White - 2 years ago