A Clinic Office Manager is responsible for all day-to-day clinical operations for a group of health care professionals. Plans and oversees all fiscal/administrative support, human resources management, and office services for a clinical practice. Performs tasks which require advanced skills in organization, planning, interpersonal relations, in-depth knowledge of clinic operations and overall understanding of other departments. This position interacts and works closely with the departmental chairs. Directly supervises 8-15 employees in the assigned clinical department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Responsible for managing overall fiscal/administrative and radiological support, human resources management and office and radiological services.
- Assists and interacts with nurse manager to assure overall smooth clinic operation.
- Compiles and maintains monthly statistical reports
- Responsible for addressing patient and other provider complaints related to fiscal and radiological matters.
- Manages overall accounts receivables and interacts with the MPIP business office in regards to billing practice.
- Performs all other related duties as needed or required by Chair, Administrator or other faculty member within the department.
Manages all day-to-day clinical and radiological operations for the Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Clinic. Plans and oversees all fiscal/administrative and radiological support, human resources management and office and radiological services for the clinical practice of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation.
- Responsible for assuring employees attend mandatory Institutional training, such as Compliance, EEO and HIPAA .
- Attends Management Team meetings, Faculty Departmental meetings and Institutional Committee meetings.
- Conduct employee evaluations.
- Responsible for recruitment of job vacancies and openings.
- Responsible for physician and staff orientation in regards to billing and compliance issues.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business related area. Directly related job experience may substitute for required education on a year for year basis.
Four years of directly related experience is required.
Performs tasks, which require advanced skills in organization, planning, interpersonal relations, in-depth knowledge of clinical and radiological operations and objectives and overall understanding of other departments. Reviews and improves the operational interface between other ancillary and clinical departments, as well as, the business office.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - El Paso
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
2/3 of time: Use hands to finger, handle, feel; Talk or hear.
Weight to be lifted or force be exerted
Lift up to 10 pounds-1/3 to 2/3 of time
Lift up to 25 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Lift up to 50 pounds-Under 1/3 of time
Exposure to the following environmental conditions
< 1/3 of time: Work moving mechanical parts
Hourly Pay Range
15.38 - 25.96
Monthly Pay Range
2666.67 - 4500.00
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard