Under the direction of the licensed Nurse Practitioner, assists in the care of adolescent and adult patients/families where basic and technical skills are required. Provides patient education and carries out patient instruction, as indicated by licensed Nurse Practitioner. Assists with answering telephones, scheduling appointments, maintaining and processing medical records, inputs patient data into tracking system and requesting medical supplies.
1. Ability to remain flexible and positive in stressful situations.
2. Ability to follow directions accurately and in a timely manner, set priorities within assigned job duties and recognize/report obvious, serious and emergency situations.
3. Ability to write legible and express self accurately and clearly.
4. Bilingual, English/Spanish Required.
5. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
6. Ability to drive to outreach clinics and maintain automobile liability insurance.
A. Work Experience:
One year clinic experience preferred.
1. Current BCLS Certification
2. Certified and/or Registered Medical Assistant preferred.
C. Education and Training:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Completion of Medical Assistant Program.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 11 months ago