The Clinic Physician NPHO provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
Education & Experience:
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians
- Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested
- Appropriately utilizes tool and technology available
- Utilizes clinic resources efficiently and wisely
- Participates in Seton or community endeavors
- Maintains a high level of current knowledge in specialty
- Acts as a resource for others in the clinic or Seton
- Performs other duties as assigned
Licenses & Certifications:
- Doctor of Medicine is required
- Must meet minimum qualifications as defined by contract and Seton Medical Staff Credentialing
- Board certified or eligibility is required
- Texas State License as a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is required
- Privileged through the Seton Healthcare Network Medical staff office
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job