This is a casual position.
As a Registered Nurse in the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinic, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced clinic with an experienced team of dedicated nurses. You will perform both independent nursing and delegated medical functions including assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for patients before and after blood/marrow transplant. You will work closely with a team of professionals including physicians, nurse care coordinators, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, medical assistants, social workers, pharmacists, and reception staff.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with central lines, perform dressing changes, administer blood products, chemotherapy, and other infusions, and assist with and perform various procedures. You will be working in a stimulating environment where multi-tasking skills are essential. You will independently complete a variety of tasks including patient education, chart documentation and monitoring standards of care as well as working as an infusion nurse. This position is located on the U of MN East Bank Campus.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
- Degree from an accredited Registered Nurse program
- Current Minnesota RN License
- 2 years of previous hospital acute care nursing
- Ability to continuously improve and maintain expertise in profession, develop better processes and continuously improve skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task on an ongoing basis
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Oncology or BMT experience
- OCN certification. Expectation that you will receive OCN certification within one year of employment
- Epic experience
- Previous ambulatory care experience