CLINICAL SERVICES R.N.
Status: Full-time; Hourly; Non-exempt
Provides nursing care to assigned patients by utilizing the nursing process and meeting the established standards within the Health Center and the State Board of Nursing. The registered nurse is accountable for his/her nursing practice and assigned patients, and is an advocate for patient/families and nursing. Adheres to the principles of Service Excellence and the philosophy and mission of Desert AIDS Project in all aspects of job performance. Performs evaluations of all nursing staff.
- Record, monitor and coordinate client medication and drug treatment programs;
- Perform triage and clinical assessments for scheduled and unscheduled clients;
- Prepare patients for physician appointments and follow up as necessary;
- Work closely with Case Management and Home Care staff to ensure continuity of care;
- Monitor patient lab results and work closely with clinical providers to plan/adjust treatment plan.
- Manage after hours client calls when assigned call responsibilities.
TRAINING EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- RN licensure in the State of California
- Minimum of two years experience in a clinic, physician’s office, medical facility, public health department, or similar facility;
- Experience in laboratory reporting to include patient instruction, triage, patient assessment and specimen requirements;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS care and treatment and sensitivity to issues and populations impacted by the disease;
- Medical-Surgical Background preferred;
- PHN preferred.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with medical and non-medical personnel in a clinical setting;
- Exercise independent judgment and make effective plans;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Ability to engage in complete deliver of care in an effective and professional manner;-
- Delivery of quality customer service.
- Become proficient in the utilization of the EHR system as it applies to this position.
Desert AIDS Project is an EOE and a drug free workplace. We value diversity. We encourage women and minorities to apply for open positions.