• To utilize & maintain training, maintain competency in compliance of operating procedures as they relate to standing office procedures.
• Answer multi-line telephone system and direct all incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff. Take complete and accurate messages.
• Provides professional customer service by greeting patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner & provides any necessary instruction or direction.
• Obtains & enters new patient demographics; updates insurance & patient information with each visit to maintain accuracy for billing.
• Schedules future patient appointments utilizing EHR & scheduling GUII: Books, coordinates & reschedules appointments as needed.
• Maintain filing & ensure security of medical records, performing specialized functions and special projects as directed.
• Perform clerical and support duties as assigned by Office Manager, Medical Director and/or Health Director; Assist staff with various tasks as assigned.
• Collects all co-pays & balances as required by office policies. Understands & can apply payments to balances.
• Maintain daily accounting log of patient payments.
• Distribute incoming mail, utilizing established timelines and accuracy.
• Follows opening & closing procedures according to office guidelines.
• Maintains clean & orderly waiting area including reading materials.
• Maintain strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all programs offered by the Health & Wellness Center.
• Attends staff meetings as required.
• Conducts self in accordance with tribal policies & employee manual.
• High school diploma or GED, required.
• Two years Medical Office Experience, required.
• Working knowledge of office procedures, office equipment, word processing/computer experience and knowledge of government program rules and regulations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
• Must demonstrate proven effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with staff, local agencies and individuals from different cultural & ethnic backgrounds in a friendly and professional manner.
• Valid Oregon Driver’s License, required.
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation
- 18 months ago - save job