The Clinic Receptionist must maintain a Professional appearance when greeting our Members and Guests of the Tribe in a friendly and inviting manner. The position also requires excellent organizational skills to maintain files, scheduling appointments, and keep accurate records of incoming calls.
- To utilize & maintain training, maintain competency in compliance of operating procedures as they relate to standing office procedures.
- Answer multi-line telephone system and direct all incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff. Take complete and accurate messages.
- Provides professional customer service by greeting patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner & provides any necessary instruction or direction.
- Obtains & enters new patient demographics; updates insurance & patient information with each visit to maintain accuracy for billing.
- Schedules future patient appointments utilizing EHR & scheduling GUII: Books, coordinates & reschedules appointments as needed.
- Maintain filing & ensure security of medical records, performing specialized functions and special projects as directed.
- Perform clerical and support duties as assigned by Office Manager, Medical Director and/or Health Director; Assist staff with various tasks as assigned.
- Collects all co-pays & balances as required by office policies. Understands & can apply payments to balances.
- Maintain daily accounting log of patient payments.
- Distribute incoming mail, utilizing established timelines and accuracy.
- Follows opening & closing procedures according to office guidelines.
- Maintains clean & orderly waiting area including reading materials.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all programs offered by the Health & Wellness Center.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Conducts self in accordance with tribal policies & employee manual.
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Two years Medical Office Experience, required.
- Working knowledge of office procedures, office equipment, word processing/computer experience and knowledge of government program rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Must demonstrate proven effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with staff, local agencies and individuals from different cultural & ethnic backgrounds in a friendly and professional manner.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License, required.
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -