1. Answers telephone, greets visitors and schedules appointments.
2. Enters patient charges, completes chart maintenance and provides a variety of clerical support functions.
3. Performs billing functions to ensure proper billing and collections.
4. Reviews and identifies charge discrepancies and completes all requests for rebilling from inter-department personnel.
5. Prepares daily production reports, maintains required records, reports, and files while evaluating account information.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Sufficient prior experience with billing, scheduling and general office responsibilities in a clinic setting. At least one (1) year experience at a physicians office or hospital.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma preferred, p ost high school vocational/specialized training encouraged.
General Health System - 16 months ago