Clinical Abstraction Specialist
HR Use Only:
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Facility: CLEVELAND CLINIC FLORIDA
Department: CLINICAL QUALITY
Job Code: 000178
Pay Grade: 13
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am - 5pm
The Clinical Abstraction Specialist identifies, coordinates and evaluates the collection and management of data in a manner consistent with high professional standards and requirements of regulatory agencies and registry guidelines. A high degree of accuracy, efficiency and timeliness are essential components of the position. The Clinical Abstraction Specialist performs quality control of data and transmits files according to guidelines.
The Clinical Abstraction Specialist assists with related evidenced based performance improvement activities of the hospital. Prepares reports and assists in maintaining compliance with accreditation, licensing and regulatory bodies. Serves as consultant to departments, disciplines and medical staff with planning, measuring, assessing and improving processes and outcomes.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum: Associate Degree in health care related field or Nursing (LPN, RN)
Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
B. Required Length and Type of Experience
2 years minimum experience in medical record abstraction
2 years minimum clinical experience, cardiac-related strongly preferred
2 years experience with clinical database registry, core quality process measures and/or Get With The Guidelines data collection
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collects quantitative, comparative data on evidence based indicators and reports results to internal and external agencies.
2. Performs abstraction and reporting of cardiac, medical and surgical population data and assists with the validation and submission process for evidence based medicine patients.
3. Exhibits a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Develops, distributes and analyzes reports based on data abstraction. Provides information to Administration, Managers and Medical Staff committees as appropriate.
5. Identifies process and performance improvement opportunities and facilitates Improvement Teams.
6. Promotes service standards and facilitates service recovery when necessary.
7. Facilitates interdepartmental reviews.
8. Other duties as assigned
Cleveland Clinic - 12 months ago
Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a not-for-profit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and...