Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
The analyst role will work collaboratively to implement efficient and effective analysis of key strategic, regulatory, and organizational performance data.
Data Acquisition and Management (30%)
Data Analysis and Presentation (40%)
- Develop and run queries of source data systems for clinical an operational data using standard query tools.
- Utilize knowledge of data sets to gather data needed for reports to meet project goals.
- Lead the development of data collection tools (e.g. surveys, and chart abstraction forms, etc.) and manage data collection related to these tools.
- Learn and utilize report-writing skills in SQL for electronic medical record data and other internal databases.
Measurement and Analysis Design (20%)
- Provide data analysis support for large size projects including the design, project management, and documentation including final report preparation and presentation.
- Design actionable data reports and displays (tabular, graphic, and other formats) for various internal and external audiences that quickly and effectively direct further improvement efforts.
- Assure data integrity through the use of appropriate principles, standards, and techniques for measurement, analysis and reporting of all performance data.
- Serve as a central resource to individual sites on data analysis needs and consultation.
Represent Allina's Performance Measurement & Analysis function in various internal and external meeting (10%)
- Participate in the measurement design work for various initiatives.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a more efficient system for producing organizational performance reports at the Allina, site, and department levels.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a robust measurement and data infrastructure to support future data analysis work. Provide expertise from the data analysis / user perspective to enable the design of a data infrastructure that will be efficient both for data entry but also for data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree (see above) with 2-3 years related experience.
- Experience in health care and data analysis/reporting required.
- Demonstrated skills in conducting analytical work described in position purpose.
- Knowledge of database creation and management is required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, or other database program is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem analysis skills - The ability to take articulated needs or problems expressed by clinicians or other health care leaders and provide a creative and efficient solution to their measurement issues.
- Project methodology and management - Strong project management skills are required to manage initiatives from initiation until they are either resolved or maintained within the system.
- Ability to review and understand business operational issues and processes in order to recommend pores improvements.
- Development of clinical or service content expertise in a given area, e.g. cardiovascular content knowledge. Each analyst is expected to develop and maintain content knowledge for a core area and serve as the measurement resource for that service area. The analyst is expected to know all Allina data sources relevant to that content area.
- Data analysis and assessment; including both qualitative and quantitative data. Development of statistical and analytical skills is a requirement for the success of this position.
- Ability to work with a variety of software and analytical and research tools, programming to create reports, and skills for creation of data displays is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral. The ability to translate complex data and results into meaningful conclusions for Allina's senior leadership.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. The ability to translate complex data and results into meaningful conclusions for Allina's senior leadership.
- Ability to assess data and issues in order to know when to raise concerns to Leadership. The ability to articulate the issues and propose potential opportunities for resolution.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position (40 hours per week)
- Shift: Days
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 14 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...