A Clinical Applications Specialist performs effective configuration, testing and training of FHCSD clinical applications with a focus on the electronic health record to ensuring client adoption and effectively use all FHCSD clinical applications. These tasks may be conducted on client sites, remotely, and in classroom settings. Thorough understanding of the clinical environment and workflow, together with an understanding of company software and system features and functionalities, enables the Clinical Applications Specialist to help the client achieve their healthcare objectives. The Clinical Applications Specialist will establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with clients to create high satisfaction with FHCSD clinical applications and systems.
- Collaboratively develops documentation and training materials with the IT Trainer required to support deployment and internal/ external training.
- Develops and maintains a mastery of EHR and FHCSD practice management applications in order to provide high quality templates and/or configurations, along with user training that promotes optimal product utilization.
- Ensure successful implementation and roll out training of the system by conducting system configuration, acceptance testing, end-user training, and follow-up support and training, as needed.
- Quality Understands that projects worked on may have a direct impact on patient safety. Understands the types of defects that may be encountered as part of job responsibilities.
- Security Understands that all patient information that may be encountered is to be treated as confidential and not to be disclosed under any circumstances.
- Understands the applicable clinical work environments and related client needs in order to successfully integrate the system solution into their workflow and make intelligent recommendations toward the improvement of overall department efficiency through training and education and/or recommendations to product development of requirements needed to enable recommendations.
- Experience in Customer support and interaction especially in a healthcare environment is desired. Experience in Healthcare Application training is a plus.
- Four-year degree from accredited college or university required.
- Medical technologist or nursing industry recognized certification (e.g. ARRT, RCS, RN, RDCS) preferre
- A self starter demonstrating initiative to develop creative solutions to address project and customer needs. Flexibility and commitment to contribute as needed to the success of the project.
- Clinical experience is desired.
- Expertise in a variety of personal computer and business solutions software (Microsoft office apps, etc.) is desired.
- Good communication skills, professional demeanor, appreciation for customer needs balanced with company interests and the ability to establish effective internal, customer, and vendor relationships is required.
- Must be willing and able to perform with minimal supervision.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 19 months ago