Position: Clinical Application Specialist Job Code: 5463
Location: GOJO Plaza - Akron, Ohio
- Full time
- Work Hours 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- No direct reports
- 50%-80% travel required
- Position located at GOJO Plaza in Akron, OH
Supports all the clinical and Hand Hygiene Compliance needs in Healthcare markets which would include skin care and hand hygiene practice. Provides support for all of the following areas: customer inquiries, program development and supporting regulatory requirements, training and hand hygiene compliance, building and electronic compliance systems installations. Supports Healthcare team initiatives and agendas. Also collaborates with Research and Development in a consulting role or as a research participant in clinical studies.
Education and Experience Required
- Supports high levels of awareness and demand for PROVON® and PURELL® within target healthcare markets.
- Teams with leaders in PMG and healthcare marketing to integrate clinical needs into marketing approach and to ensure alignment with strategic plans.
- Collaborates with sales teams to drive compliance and alliance of Healthcare Market Development.
- Identifies the needs of the target caregivers and patients in healthcare market.
- Identifies, scans, analyzes and translates clinical needs while maintaining close touch with healthcare segments (long-term care, acute care, home health care and alternative sites).
- Supports the development of and helps deploy programs to capture market share.
- Supports the development of and helps deploy communication strategy and tactical implementation plans, including advertisement, trade shows, websites, and public and trade relations by healthcare segment.
- Develops and maintains clinical strategic alliances.
- Helps with strategic clinical relationships with agencies, industry associations and thought leadership.
- Helps champion and build GOJO®, PROVON® AND PURELL® brand equity.
- Supports new product development from concept to introduction to healthcare market.
- Builds and maintains clinical and professional networks and associations in order to proactively provide services and products to the healthcare market.
- Supports existing healthcare market strategies
- Supports Compliance program development
- Responds quickly to clinical inquiries and demands
- Responds to Infection Control list serves when appropriate
- Responds to sales force inquiries both electronically or verbally
- Supports sales with major end-user calls to provide clinical and educational support
- Provides employees new to healthcare with orientation to healthcare market including expectations in behaviors in the clinical arena.
- Teams with regulatory and technical support.
- Supports clinical needs of Market Research.
- Evaluate competitive products and market claims
- Support claims development.
- Support clinical outcome studies development and execution.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals outside of GOJO to execute clinical studies
- Maintains a facility network and facilitates product and concept testing
- Supports internal and external healthcare training.
- Keeps healthcare team appraised of developments in healthcare and regulatory industry
- Disseminates information after attending HICPAC meetings or attending conferences
- Supports Hand Hygiene Compliance installations with the Clinical Applications Process
- Supports Hand Hygiene Compliance program development
Additional General/Technical Skills Required
- College graduate with clinical degree
- B.S. Nursing required; Advanced Nursing degree a plus
- Seven (7) or more years’ nursing experience (ICP experience is preferred) in acute or long term care markets.
- Clinical and business support experience with healthcare manufacturer(s) a plus.
- Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology a plus
- Nursing Practices
- Clinical Regulations
- Healthcare administration practices
- Infection Control Practices
- Regulatory practice related to infection control
- Ability to access and comprehend Global regulatory requirements as needed
- Clinical patient and resident bathing in healthcare environments and its impact on infection control systems and programs.
- Knowledge of skin science, biology and health sciences
- Healthcare market clinical trends
- Government impact on healthcare
- Anti-microbials, NDA and topical pharmaceuticals and related healthcare regulatory issues
- Leadership and Team building skills
- Research orientation for decision making
- Decision making
- Time management
- Strong interpersonal skills both professionally and socially
- Problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication
- Technical Writing
- Critical Thinking
Apply for this position Return to Job Listings
Send position to a friend
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Employer M/F/D/V. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes sent electronically for positions that are not listed below.
GOJO Industries - 2 years ago