The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. High School diploma or GED,
2. BLS - Health Care Provider required (within 90 days)
3. Completion of competency checklist (within 90 days)
B. Experience/Professional Organization
1. Experience Preferred
C. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal communication skills and has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Maintains a neat, clean, professional appearance.
4. Possesses a sense of responsibility, initiative and honesty; is self-motivated and works in an efficient and effective manner.
5. Pays attention to details under all circumstances.
The Clinical Assistant participates as a member of the perioperative team. The primary focus of this position is:
• patient transport and transfer
• providing comfort and care including safety measures
• Identification of patient for initial transport to the OR
• supporting extremities, assisting with tuming, positioning, and restraining patients
• transfer of supplies and equipment including blood
• providing a safe environment
• and assisting the RN in the performance of non-nursing duties
• collecting blood from patients of any age or status, with correct labeling, and logging specimens into the laboratory computer system.
• Keeps phlebotomy area clean and stocked with supplies
• Maintains temperature and humidity logs for ORs and refrigerators in the facility
• Assists the OR coordinator in scheduling and scanning and entering charges to Star
The Clinical Assistant must be knowledgeable of aseptic technique and work cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital staff to support care of the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. The Clinical Assistant performs all tasks in a manner that is cost effective without compromising care and demonstrates career growth and development.
Floyd Medical Center and its affiliates are operated by Floyd Healthcare Management Inc. We provide a full spectrum of health care services...