The department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the specialty which combines surgical training with dental expertise for the treatment of diseases, injuries, tumors, and deformities of the face and jaws. We make use of all the diagnostic facilities of the UCSF medical center and admit patients to UCSF, Moffitt/Long hospital, San Francisco General Hospital, Mt. Zion Hospital and the Veterans Administration Medical Center.
The Clinical Billing Team Lead will be responsible for the billing operations of the five clinics under the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Specific tasks include supervising individuals on the billing team, managing accounts with credit balances, receivables, collections, ensuring accuracy of patient registration, managing undistributed payments, overseeing data transfer to SFGH billing staff for uncompensated care payments (MIA, Healthy San Francisco, etc) and all other matters related to the efficient operation of the clinical billing operation.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• Graduation from college in business administration, or an allied field or an equivalent of combination of four years of related administrative experience and education
• Medical or Dental billing experience as well as strong medical (preferably surgical), terminology
• Supervisory experience
• Three years medical billing or two years oral surgery billing experience
• Ability to learn and operate in a changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of major compliance and audit issues in cash handling and insurance billing
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 20 pounds; pushing/pulling 20 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to loud noises.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Experience working in an oral surgery office
• AAOMS or comparable Oral Surgery coding training or certification
• Three years of experience with cash flow, bank deposits, and preparing Peoplesoft journals
• Top tier knowledge of Oral Surgery, Medical and Dental billing and cash handling processes
• Knowledge of process improvement methodology (Lean, six-sigma, etc.)
University of California San Francisco - 16 months ago