You are excited by the opportunity to combine your medical and technology experience to improve the way that healthcare is delivered in this country. You have an analytical side and are comfortable looking for answers in a sea of data, but you are also comfortable working directly with our customers to develop solutions. You are careful and detail-oriented but at the same time very efficient in your work, and are always looking for ways to streamline processes and cut out waste. You are excited by the possibility of contributing to a clinical team and laying the foundation for future growth.
The Clinical Content Team is responsible for creating and maintaining the global content in the athenaClinicals EHR platform in order to improve the product and lower its costs. The Manager of Clinical Content is responsible for contributing to the vision of the Clinical Content team; working with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure that the vision achieved; and leveraging your clinical background in support of Sales, Patient Safety, and Product Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop best practices for utilizing our system and clinical content for the range of supported medical and surgical specialties;
- Create disease and procedure specific workflows through a mix of clinical and customer research;
- Maintain and improve our in-house and in-licensed clinical data foundation;
- Work with our Product Management, Usability and Development groups to scope and prioritize product enhancements to better support new and existing specialties;
- Support our Sales, Marketing and Professional Services organizations as a clinical specialty subject matter expert;
- Support our Patient Safety team by leveraging your clinical background.
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.
- Clinical experience – MD/NP/PA or comparable experience;
- Advanced degree in informatics, business or statistics preferred (MIS, MBA, MHA);
- Minimum of 5 years work experience;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to find answers in large sets of data;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong computer literacy and the comfort, ability and desire to advance technically; SQL and HTML experience preferred;
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with providers and practice staff;
- Willing and excited to work in a fast-paced, but sometimes intense, rapidly expanding company.
athenahealth, Inc. - 19 months ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...