1. Graduated from accredited School of Registered Professional Nurses.
2. Successful completion of Pharmacology exam. BCLS Certification required, annually.
3. Completion of competency checklist (within 90 days)
4. Completion of unit specific recommendations within one year.
5. BSN desirable; minimum of Associate Degree in Nursing
1. A minimum of five years previous experience in the clinical area with progressive leadership experience and/or continuing education in supervision and administration encouraged.
2. Administrative, Research, or Business courses completed.
3. Completion of all skills on Emergency Care Center Check sheet that are pertinent to job assignments.
4. ACLS provider required.
5. PALS provider required
6. NRP provider encouraged
7. TNCC provider required
8. BTLS encouraged.
1. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
2. BSN preferred, MSN encouraged
3. Certification in Emergency Nursing encouraged.
4. Participation in appropriate District and National Nursing Organizations encouraged.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Works effectively with patients and families. Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the medical staff and other members of the health team
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for supervising and facilitating daily patient care within the Emergency Department. Key areas of responsibility include: ECC Throughput, staffing, coordination of Emergency Department inservices, orientation of new employees to the unit, data collection related to the unit performance improvement plan, and working to assure compliance with all JCAHO standards for the unit. The Clinical Coordinator will work closely with the Clinical Manager and Director to provide input into human resource planning and fiscal planning for the assigned unit. Works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital employees who support patient care activities.
Floyd Medical Center - 14 months ago