• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1-3 years of data management experience, preferably in healthcare environment.
• Possesses strong computer and word processing, spreadsheet statistical, and database software application skills (Microsoft Office, Visual Basic, Business Objects, SQL, SAS or SPSS).
• Have a working knowledge of tools to build simple databases and electronic data collection tools.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Analytical and statistical ability sufficient to evaluate data, make judgments and recommendations regarding data management and quality.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Data Manager’s primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain data collection tools and data governance processes (data stewardship, data management best practices, data standards) of clinical data sets or clinical data registries in support of outcomes assessment, clinical, scientific, and hospital administrative goals. The Data Manager will design, develop, and test data collection tools. The Data Manager will oversee the accuracy of data entry functions, audit checking, and the data validation process.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...