Title: Clinical Dentist
Job Class: Professional/Technical
Department: Health Professions
Reports To: Department Chair – Dental Assisting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Description Status Date: New 3-30-09
The Clinical Dentist will be responsible for providing service within the scope of general dentistry to patients of Pueblo Community College Dental Assisting clinic. This ongoing hourly position will supervise clinical staff to ensure compliance with Colorado and National Dental Practice Acts.
1. Supervises and provides feedback to the Clinic Director in evaluating assigned personnel
2. Provides leadership in sustaining the dental assisting clinic at PCC
3. Perform duties of general dentistry including oral diagnosis, limited periodontal treatment, basic restorative treatment, basic prosthetic treatment, routine endodontics, minor oral surgery.
4. Works and communicates with clinic staff to determine appropriate patient care and treatment planning
5. Provide direction for dental auxiliary and assigned dental hygiene and dental assisting students
6. Provides a quality learning environment for dental hygiene and dental assisting students
7. Provide direct and general supervision of dental students during assigned patient care pre-clinical and clinical lab sessions
8. Practices quality assurance consistent with ADA Accreditation Standards
9. Provides feedback to the Clinic Director in planning of the clinical budget reflective of a business-like model, with awareness of production and sustainability
10. Available for after hour emergency consultation and care
11. Help maintain and or oversees dental equipment remains in satisfactory working order
12. Works with clinical staff to determine equipment and instrument needs
13. Assists in the coordination of outreach activities to meet community needs
14. Serves a liaison of PCC to the dental communities and professional organizations
15. Provides feedback in the research, writing, and securing of new grants and/or contributes to current grant reports, proposals and revisions
16. Attends and participates in required meetings, training sessions or other function of the College if applicable
17. Communicate effectively with patients regarding treatment plans, financial responsibilities and preventative care
18. Consult with the clinic director and the dental program department chairs in researching problems and recommending solutions
19. Utilizes dental auxiliary staff in an efficient manner to maximize quality and quantity of dental services provided
20. Observe and practice standard infection control procedures in providing dental care
21. Provide culturally sensitive care to patients of varying ethnic, linguistic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
22. Follow provider and staff scheduling guidelines to ensure optimal staffing patterns are maintained during vacations, etc.
23. Provides direct communication and works closely with dental labs providing fabrication and repairs of dental prostheses
24. Participates in training sessions applicable to the utilization of computer software programs (ex. Office management software program and/or software applicable to equipment functions).
25. Other duties as assigned or required
1. Graduate of an accredited dental school
2. Duly licensed to practice dentistry in the State of Colorado
3. Ability to obtain Colorado credential for vocational faculty
4. Excellent oral and written skills
5. Experience and commitment to providing culturally sensitive care to patients of varying ethnic linguistic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds
6. Evidence of commitment to working as a team member
7. Willingness to attend required meetings, training sessions or other functions
8. Willingness to travel in-state and out-or-state
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check as a condition of hire.
APPLICATION PROCESS :
Submit a PCC application, resume, unofficial transcript, and letter of interest addressing qualifications to: Human Resources, AB-220, email: email@example.com . PCC applications may be accessed at www.pueblocc.edu/aboutus/employment/ .
Released Date/Closing Date : 4/10/2009 – until filled
Starting Salary Range : $65.00/hour
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS : Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information on your application. All materials sent become the property of Pueblo Community College and will not be returned. The State of Colorado must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act/1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired. Colorado fiscal rules require all new employees to be on direct deposit. PCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Pueblo Community College - 7 months ago