Grade 15 $19.94 - $25.93/hr (midpoint)
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Food and Nutrition
Bachelor's Degree required
Works under the Director of Food & Nutrition Services. Reports to the Clinical Nutrition Manager. Is responsible for the Medical Nutrition Therapy of the patients and clients of Cheyenne Regional Medical Center . Provides nutrition education to the Department and Community.
1. Performs nutrition acuity assessments, nutrition assessments and reassessments on all patients as per policy.
2. Develops and revises nutrition care plans to meet the patient’s needs, response to treatment and evaluates it for effectiveness. Recommends and helps manage specialized nutrition support for patients when appropriate. Communicates and coordinates with physician and other health care personnel as needed on the nutrition care plan of the patients.
3. Evaluates the need for Medical Nutrition Therapy Education and develops a plan based on learning needs and evaluates the effectiveness of the education process. Includes family or others in the process as identified necessary
4. Assists in planning of therapeutic diets and implementation for patients.
5. Updates and maintains the medical center diet manual and associated education handouts.
6. Assists the Nutrition Assistants and Aides with diet orders, menus, menu selection and menu correction, as needed.
7. Provides group lectures and nutrition education for the community when requested.
8. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychological, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Experience in clinical nutrition, specialized nutrition support, nutritional value of foods, interpretation and implementation of special diets, meal planning and preparation that is culturally appropriate.
· Ability to communicate with medical staff, nursing staff, patients, food service staff and other departments within the hospital.
· Ability to interpret diet manual and menus
· Ability to organize workload and use effective time management
· Bachelors’ degree in dietetics, nutrition or equivalent.
· Completion of an Approved Dietetic Internship or traineeship or equivalent.
· Registration with the American Dietetic Association- Commission on Dietetics Registration within three months of hire.
· Prior work experience or ADA approved internship
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...