Under the supervision/direction of the Director of Day Treatment, the Clinical Director will direct and supervise all residential services therapy staff providing counseling/therapy services in the Day Treatment School Program.
1. Develop and maintain policies and procedures for clinical operations and coordinates effective admissions procedures for the programs of the Day Treatment Services. Works closely with the Director of Day Treatment to assure client access to a complete continuum of services
2. Ensure compliance of licensing agency regulations, including JCAHO, Medicaid, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Education and federal regulatory standards for corporate compliance, including HIPPA.
3. Review and evaluate admission applications to the treatment programs and work with the Director & Utilization Review Department in scheduling client admissions.
4. Manage therapy staff personnel issues and oversee Day Treatment Services-wide compliance with policies and procedures.
5. Assist Director in recruiting and hire clinical staff.
6. Facilitate the delivery of training and evaluation services and provide 24 hour coverage for clinical staff.
7. Ensure the effectiveness and consistency of training staff involved in direct patient care via routine supervision, consultation and evaluation.
8. Facilitate communication within and among programs and homes and address routine personnel and/or policy issues via regularly scheduled meetings with Therapists.
9. Disseminate agency and program information to referral agencies, social service agencies, childcare institutions, etc., as needed.
10. Oversee designated budgets and provide consultation to staff concerning expenditures. At the request of the Director of Day Treatment, submit proposed changes in Budget.
11. Work closely with the Director of Day Treatment, Medical Director, and other Continuum Program Directors to assure client access to a complete continuum of services.
12. Assist staff and/or patients with appropriate treatment planning and discharge criteria/plans. As needed, may provide some individual, group and/or family therapy.
13. Address consumer-related issues and problems in a timely manner.
14. Develop and oversee therapy staff work schedules, vacation requests, job assignments, leaves, etc., and keep detailed and accurate documentation of all pertinent information.
15. Coordinate treatment team staff meetings and provide pertinent input regarding client concerns, progress, etc., as needed.
16. Work collaboratively with the Director and Medical Director concerning treatment issues.
17. Assist in pre-service and in-service training. when applicable
18. Provide verbal and written reports to the Director of Day Treatment as requested.
19. Consult with the Director in changes and/or development of agency guidelines and procedures as they relate to continuum therapeutic programs.
20. Coordinate with the Director & President/CEO in establishing projected productivity goals for individual, group and family therapy in residential programs. Monitor on a weekly basis and hold staff accountable.
21. Participate in QAPI Committee and actively monitor areas related to direct patient care, as needed.
22. Participate in regular Clinical Pertinence Reviews of agency documentation practices and compliance with specified standards.
23. Participate in the Safety/Environment of Care program and actively monitor areas related to patient safety and risk management.
24. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director or other senior management team members
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Responsibility is assumed for continuing educational and professional development and contributions are made to the professional growth of others.
Masters degree from an accredited institution in human services field.
Licensed in Arkansas as a Mental Health Professional.
At least two (2) years Supervisory Experience.
Note: The Director will evaluate this position annually.
Methodist Family Health - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard