Clinical Director – |
State of Oregon
currently seeking a highly motivated, compassionate, and talented individual to join an accomplished management team at Capitol Dental Care/Smilekeepers in Salem, Oregon.
CDC/SmileKeepers is the largest Dental Care Organization (“DCO”) in the state of Oregon, providing dental care to nearly one-third of all members of the Oregon Health Plan (“OHP”).
You will lead and direct clinical activities across 26 staff offices and an extensive panel of independent dentists. You will be a key player in the support of the Capitol Dental Care’s committed clinical team.
- Clinical quality assurance, complaint and hearing resolution at DCO and OMAP levels
- Coordinate DCO Audit
- Health services commission participation
- Yearly OMAP chart audits and performance reviews
- Handle pre-authorizations and specialty referrals staff model and PPO resources
- Coordination of hospital case authorizations with OHP medical plans
- Provide support for clinicians to enhance their productivity and success by supporting comprehensive diagnosis, utilization of clinical protocols, and optimal patient care as measured by production per hour.
- Oversee the periodic risk management/risk prevention audits and evaluation of charts for accuracy, legibility and completeness
- Participate in the recruiting process, onboarding and ongoing training of dental hygienists, assistants and doctors
- Participate in and evaluate job performance of dental hygienists and doctors with primary responsibility for clinical issues, including participation in coaching, mentoring, providing disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Manage and support care provider development including collaborating with the Area Vice President to lead a 10-week doctor/staff development program.
- Maintain high quality patient care with providers
- Respond to and manage clinical-related patient concerns and complaints
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulatory agencies’ rules
- Actively participate with Group’s Support Services Provider in the planning and presentation of issues during monthly staff meetings and addresses all clinical issues during the meeting
- Conduct group doctor meetings and manage group hygiene meetings
- Participate in regional leadership meetings
- Ensure that the clinical policies and procedures are current and published/distributed to the clinical staff
- Visit the various Group Practice Site offices on a set schedule to work with the doctors and professional staff to ensure policy and procedure adherence and patient quality care
- Work with Group’s Support Service Provider’s Area Vice President to develop specific group financial and operational objectives and ensures that these goals and objectives are achieved
- Provide feedback to and coordinate with Group’s Support Service Provider’s regional leadership team on major problems or issues that exist or develop
- Participate in promoting and marketing group offices and services
- Oversee and help achieve the group’s mission, vision, and goals, revenue projections, expense control, staffing levels, etc.
- Ensure that employees are treated with respect in a safe work environment
Gentle Dental and Orthodontics - 20 months ago
Gentle Dental and Orthodontics is the principal brand of InterDent, a dental service organization with over 150 affiliated dental offices...