As Clinical EDI Associate you will be responsible for adding trading partners to a national, cloud based network that can be leveraged by tens of thousands of providers to deliver the right information, at the right time, to the right place in the health care supply chain to coordinate care and improve healthcare. You will be part of Transaction Services, a team critical to athena’s core product functions and performance, responsible for the closed loop processing of billions of electronic transactions for athenaCollector including claims, remittance advice, patient eligibility, and claim status inquiry; as well as athenaClinicals including lab results, pharmacy benefit inquiries, and prescription renewals. You will be part of the team charged with building out a national health IT backbone makes healthcare work as it should. Transaction Services is composed of several sub-teams who share similar skillset ; through the interview process the hiring managers will work with you to determine which of the sub-teams is best suited to your strengths and interests. Regardless of the sub-team, you will drive innovation while increasing client satisfaction with our products and services by researching and building mutually beneficial solutions to reported problems, while optimizing internal and client workflows. To succeed, you will need to be a strong analytical problem solver, have excellent attention to detail and be able to work with a vast amount of information in a fast-paced setting. You should be able to thrive in both independent and team environments and be comfortable communicating between clients, business and development teams. You will act as a trusted advisor to both internal and external clients.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
The Electronic Data Business Analyst should possess:
- Project management and testing of clinical EDI-related initiatives, including lab order interfaces, lab result interfaces, imaging report interfaces, clinical document interfaces
- Communicating with providers, labs, hospitals, IT vendors, pharmacies to convey interface status, influence project direction and timelines, diagnose and troubleshoot production support issues;
- Managing a high volume of projects and tasks with competing priorities;
- documenting and designing the automation of processes and procedures for production support, project lifecycle optimization and communication with other athena stakeholders;
- Researching and applying trading partner technical, functional and QA requirements;
- Analyzing and resolving issues related to clinical electronic data interchange including but not limited to live lab, imaging and document interfaces, electronic prescription routing, electronic prescription history and electronic prescription eligibility;
- Establishing the prioritization of daily development tasks as they relate to Clinicals EDI interface projects and production support and tracking their progress to a timely completion;
- Researching obstacles that prevent athena from achieving maximum EDI Rate and proposing and owning solutions to overcome them;
- Other duties as assigned by the EDI Operations Manager necessary to help optimize and expand EDI operations.
athenahealth, Inc. is a leading provider of web-based business services for medical groups. athenahealth’s service offerings are based on proprietary web-native practice management and electronic health record (EHR) software, a continuously updated payer knowledge-base, integrated back-office service operations, and automated and live patient communication services.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in Computer Science or Health Informatics is desirable;
- 2+ years work experience with project management and production support responsibilities within a healthcare setting (EDI experience is preferred but not mandatory);
- Strong and effective written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Experience interacting and leading meetings with external project stakeholders, clients and vendors is a must;
- Avid attention to detail with a positive attitude, and healthy sense of humor;
- (S)he must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities at one time and demonstrate the ability to ‘switch gears’ on an hourly basis;
- Strong ability to identify potential issues before they occur and participate in their resolution;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and investigative skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience with lab or imaging order types and terminology
athenahealth, Inc. - 2 years ago
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...