Job Duties Include: Responsible for the assembly, set-up, and determination of the correct function of equipment in Walgreens locations, patient homes, healthcare institutions, and other sites as directed. Responsible for the education of patients and caregivers in the safe and prescribed operation of clinical equipment as directed, including home oxygen systems, CPAP systems and accessories including masks and interfaces for these systems, and other clinical devices as directed by managers and respiratory care practitioners. Responsible for routine checks, trouble shooting and restoration of clinical equipment to determine that the equipment is functioning according to manufacturers’ specifications, and as prescribed by the patient’s physician. Responsible for extensive coordination between the respiratory care practitioner, patient, and caregivers.
Assembles, sets, and determines correct functionality of clinical equipment, including: home oxygen systems, suction machines used for oral suction, nebulizers, and CPAP machines in preparation for patient use. Sets the prescribed pressure levels, liter flows, and settings for devices including CPAP, oxygen, apnea monitors and other appropriate clinical devices, with the direction of a Walgreens respiratory care practitioner. Provides and documents instruction and training to patients and caregivers in the safe, appropriate and prescribed use of clinical equipment including CPAP, nebulizers, oxygen systems, and other appropriate clinical devices. Performs routine function checks, downloads, and troubleshooting for clinical devices including CPAP, apnea monitors, home phototherapy, oxygen systems and other appropriate clinical devices including cleaning and maintenance.
Performs duties within the following settings: Walgreens locations, clinics, patient homes, hospitals and other sites as determined appropriate for the activity. Provides assistance in the sales and marketing program. Documents activities as required by policy and procedure, accreditation agency and law and regulation. Delivers and installs clinical and other home medical equipment as directed. Handles all medical waste or contaminated equipment according to safe handling techniques described in Company policy and procedure. Develops and maintains knowledge in the safe and effective use of all clinical devices for which s/he is responsible. Provides training, education and demonstration of skills and devices to other staff members, professionals or customers as directed.
Communicates, to the facility manager any questions, concerns or issues regarding assigned area of responsibility including assignment, responsibility for customer care, and complaints from patients, caregivers or referral sources. Documents all required and requested information, including delivery information, patient information, caregiver information, information regarding the use of equipment, education delivered, and expenses as required on the prescribed forms as described in Company policy and procedures, or regulations. May participate in on-call rotation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and a proof of insurance would be required.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
- Keyboarding skills basic level (for example: operate by touch the letter, number, and symbol keys with minimal errors).
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes.
- Prior clinical, direct patient care experience (i.e, emergency medical technician, pharmacy technician, medical assistant or licensed practical nurse). Current licensure necessary as required by clinical field.
- At least 2 years of documented experience in one or more of the following areas: home care; home medical equipment, or retail pharmacy.
- Experience applying knowledge in trouble shooting and repairing all home care equipment and to perform preventative maintenance.
Walgreens - 21 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...