The CFSS is an integral part of the patient care team and continually monitors the services provided. This role has shared responsibility for the overall provision and coordination of home health services provided to the HCR patients according to acceptable standards of practice. The CFSS is a resource person with extensive knowledge of the regulatory guidelines governing home health agencies and provides daily support to field clinicians enabling them to provide quality care in the home to HCR patients. The CFSS is a liaison between referral resources, patients, caregivers, and employees.
- Receive calls from field staff and physicians regarding client care issues/orders. Enter orders as appropriate and update the plan of care, medication profile and schedule. Enter information regarding all telephone calls into the coordination notes section of the computer software. Notify staff as appropriate to ensure proper coordination of care.
- Review and approve all interim orders before they are sent to physician. Notifies ADON when unable to approve the order.
- Provide support to the Intake staff and process referral requests in HCHB as needed. In branch offices, processing referrals is a shared responsibility of the PSC and CFSS roles.
- Assign Licensed Professional (LP) to conduct the evaluation visit as the task appears on the action screen
- Participate in case conferences, as needed, and address process recert/discharge decisions based on clinical documentation and input from case managerbase on case orders for tracking purposes and route to Medical Records to be sent to the physician for signature. Ensure any corrections are made by the LP who wrote the order prior to entering the order. Update the client’s medication profile and schedule as applicable; via the order. Ensure all orders that address frequency have appropriate calendar modification completed
- Follow-up on orders from the Order Tracking Report when the MRS is unable to retrieve the unsigned order
- Review and follow-up on entitlement verification issues
- Verifies / ensures there are orders for requested medical supplies, Enters supply orders and requisitions supplies as needed.
- Enter non-admit information into HCHB with details in coordination notes if no visit was made
- Review missed visit reports, ensures MD notification has occurred, and if not, notifies MD.
- Understand issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively
- Possess knowledge of the Medicare guidelines governing home health agencies
- Organized, detail-oriented and possesses effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently but also enjoys functioning as a part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate with a diversity of individuals
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current NYS Licensure as Registered Professional Nurse
- 2 years experience in the health care industry with a minimum of 1 year experience in home health
- Supervisory experience is preferred
HCR Home Care - 2 years ago
HCR Home Care has been providing the greater Rochester area and Upstate New York with in-home health care services for 35 years. HCR is...