This full-time position involves, mostly, one-on-one and/or group, education of patients on the HDL lab test and lifestyle modifications. There will be time spent in multiple physician practices in Hilton Head and surrounding area. Interaction with staff, from patient to physician, lab techs, nurses, office managers, etc. is also expected. . This job is, essentially, the “face of HDL”. Travel is expected, with mileage reimbursed for anything over 30miles one way. Time will also be spent counseling patients by phone.
- Provide information regarding lab tests and help patients to understand what they mean
- Inform patients of achievable improvements to diet, exercise, stress management or other lifestyle factors that could affect heart health
- Work with practices and doctors to reinforce what was discussed during patient office visits/phone appointments,
- Assist patients with medication compliance by informing them of the reasons for taking prescribed medications and share how to identify and/or lessen potential side effects
- Develop personalized action plans to help patients reduce risk of cardiovascular events that revolve around medications prescribed, diet, exercise and/or other lifestyle factors
- Help patients find ways to improve eating habits by teaching how to read nutrition labels, what items to look for when grocery shopping, providing recipe ideas, and offering tips to help make permanent dietary changes.
- Help provide ideas to help reduce ongoing stress and may work with patients on simple breathing techniques to help feel more relaxed.
- Assist patients in developing exercise goals and monitor progress
- Work with regional sales reps to ensure client satisfaction, may involve some travel.
- Work with other CHC’s, clinicians, lab, client services, corporate to continually improve our product and offerings, this also may involve minimal travel for meetings
- Help develop patient/client materials
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and completed an accredited dietetic internship. Master’s preferred, but not required. Must be a registered dietitian.