HCA IT&S is currently looking for a Clinical Imaging Architect. The successful candidate for this new position will direct the technical strategy, design, implementation, and support of the Enterprise Clinical Imaging Infrastructure (Radiology, Cardiology, Pathology, and Oncology). The Architect provides guidance on imaging solutions, acting as a technical lead for design, development and support model.
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, be able to operate within ambiguity, and demonstrate flexible and intuitive communication skills and a willingness to mentor others. He/she will also be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with our Field Operations community, IT&S leadership, SMD technical specialists and strategic vendors. The Architect is responsible for delivering products and services/solutions that meet the business needs and support the future direction of technology.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Recommend an optimal architecture, technology and integration infrastructure, change management and security processes for the clinical imaging environments; recognizing and incorporating economies of scale within the applications and hardware.
- Developing and maintaining specific components of the Imaging Architecture Plan to ensure it is up to date.
- Ensuring integration of the architecture processes with other IT&S processes.
- Supports project team in designing architectural solutions specific to project requirements and environment.
- Ensures project technology decisions are aligned to corporate architecture standards and policies.
- Identifies architecture issues related to the project and works with leadership to resolve them.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring technical project team members in various settings.
- Defines and implements specific initiatives to achieve the overall architecture goals
- Participates in analyzing organizational implications and implements approaches for managing changes.
- Ensures that all necessary work activities are coordinated with other members of the team.
- Carry out all activities according to SOPs and Good Clinical Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct philosophy and IT Mission and Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage and participate on multiple project teams simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must enjoy working with people and fostering a strong sense of teamwork
- Experience in developing complex project and /or organization architectures
- Understanding of and appreciate for other architecture domains
- Ability to communicate effectively at an executive level
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, ACC, and ACR guidelines
- Experience in advising and consulting others on technical design directions and decisions; may have been either as external or in an internal capacity
- Aptitude for and experience in quickly learning new technologies and integration impact to clinical applications
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology directions
- Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent experience. An advanced degree in Information Systems, Business, or related field is desired.
- Eight or more years of experience in a healthcare IT environment focusing on medical imaging systems or clinical applications support.
- Five or more years of managerial experience including budgeting, vendor oversight, and process standardization.