The Senior Clinical Informatics Pharmacist (CI Pharmacist) serves as a leader within the department and is responsible for the use of technology to optimize care delivery processes and effectively communicate patient care activity in compliance with Patient Safety.
The Sr. CI Pharmacist specializes in the medication process, from ordering to administration, and is responsible for effective process design, development, maintenance, troubleshooting and implementation of the Electronic Medical Record and Clinical Decision Support. This role also supports pharmacists, physicians, nurses and other clinicians as the resource for requests related to MEDITECH dictionary changes and additions. The Sr. CI Pharmacist demonstrates independent decision making as appropriate in evaluation of request for system improvements and determines feasibility and advisability of system changes. At times, the Sr. CI Pharmacist will be responsible to present his/her ideas in a group setting. The Sr. CI Pharmacist works closely with clinicians, departmental leadership, Quality and Patient Safety and Information Systems to clarify needs, prioritize requests, design workflow to fit with electronic systems, and execute change and facilitate adaptation to the Electronic Medical Record. He/she needs to keep abreast of current developments and issues in the practice of Pharmacy.
- The Informatics Pharmacist needs to be knowledgeable in various aspects of Information Systems terminology, information system processing, and desktop solutions.
- The Informatics Pharmacist needs to be able to set priorities and work independently. The Sr. CI Pharmacist will be responsible for the design and build of all medication and pharmacy components related to the implementation of electronic systems.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Preferred), Masters in Pharmacy (Preferred), or Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Completion of a General Residency in Pharmacy
- Minimum of 5 years hospital experience
- Extensive knowledge of Meditech EMR systems
- Patient Safety experience Working knowledge of performance improvement processes.
Smith Arn old Partners is a Stamford, Connecticut based highly specialized technical professional and executive search firm that has helped thousands of companies and people make a professional connection. Smith Arnold Partners has successfully completed searches on behalf of the most recognizable firms in the United States.