Bachelor of Science
The Clinical Informatics Specialist shall act as a liaison between the hospital’s clinical areas and the IT department. This includes the primary responsibility of determining the needs and requirements for clinical applications in acute and ambulatory healthcare settings. The Clinical Informatics Specialist will also assist the Clinical Project Manager with the evaluation, selection, and implementation of clinical systems (i.e. EMR, PACS, digital imaging, etc.). This individual will work with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of clinical systems through education and training, quality outcomes, and providing support in accordance with organizational goals.
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois Required
- 5-8 years of direct work experience in an acute care/ ambulatory setting Certifications in clinical management or health information management preferred
- Strong and sound competency in mapping real-life nursing practices to informatics applications
- Adept at persuading and traing physicians and staff to adopt new workflows and tool,requiring strong knowledge change management.
- Awareness of current IT security standars,applicable privacy laws,JCAHO accreditation standards.
Loretto Hospital - 10 months ago