The Clinical Information Support Specialist will provide support to the LHMG clinical staff across all regions. Incumbent will support workflows as they relate to clinical system applications, in addition to assisting in the evaluations and validation of clinical applications & software upgrades. Interacting with the system vendors as necessary to clarify functionality, report issues, and attend training. Additionally, this position collaborates closely with all levels of staff and management across the organization in order to ensure successful implementation of approved initiatives.
• Based on monitoring, first hand observations, and communication with clinical staff, provides baseline assessments and identifies appropriate opportunities for clinical process and workflow reassessment and improvement.
• Engages and collaborates with providers, clinical support staff and management to identify processes appropriate for assessment and monitoring system workflows.
• Applies technical and system knowledge to provide ongoing support to users in following workflows, processes and procedures as they relate to the use of the EHR and other applications and as they apply to clinical practice and the delivery and documentation of clinical care.
• Provides direct support to involved clinical areas when an opportunity is identified for improvement by assisting clinical staff through problem solving techniques, collaborating on process changes, and/or directing change as appropriate.
• Provides support for special projects as identified.
• Identifies internal and external opportunities for self-learning that maintains and increases his/her own knowledge of healthcare information technology, trends in healthcare delivery, and process evaluation theories, methods and techniques.
• Provides support and assistance to clinical areas when new processes or technology are introduced.
• Provides support to all regions of the medical group as needed, depending on the scope of projects assigned and request of management.
• Provides feedback, recommendations, and requirements to information technology department based on clinical observations and discussions with clinical staff related to electronic health record (EHR).
• Provides support to IT integration efforts which includes the planning, testing, and validation of upgrades, new applications, and documentation of best practice workflow within the EHR and other clinical applications.
• Interacts with clinical software vendors to clarify functionality, report issues, and attend necessary training,
• Serves as clinical liaison between application(s) users and information technology team.
• Recommends EHR customization to promote efficient and quality documentation of patient care.
• Supports decisions regarding key roles of business metrics.
• Analyzes the value of data versus opinion when reviewing processes
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Graduate of accredited LPN or Medical Assistant degree program, 3 years clinical experience, and one year prior experience with electronic health record software is required.
• A strong understanding of clinical workflow is essential.
• Must demonstrate sound computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft office.
• Ability to learn new computer applications in a timely manner is required, along with the ability to support clinical staff in the use of new applications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated high level of professionalism are necessary.
• Must have ability to work closely with all levels of staff, be reliable and dependable, and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to lead identified clinical project sub teams
• Ability to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work afternoons and weekends
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lifetime Health Medical Group - 10 months ago