This employee is responsible to provide a superior level of internal and external customer service to assist facilitation and processing of incoming referrals and requests for information in an efficient manner. Communication is service focused, competent, professional and courteous to all customers. Understands and commits to the agency mission. Performs all duties and responsibilities listed herein, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Contacts payors for third party coverage verification and authorization as directed by agency. Updates policy information in HBOC. Communicates with billing department to eliminate write-offs for missing authorizations.
- Completes pre-call to patients designated for next day admissions. Verifies customer and coverage information, associated facilities, including Pharmacy and DME provider, and updates medication list.
- Identifies issues that require management’s attention and refers to management for assistance.
- Prints reports and performs record audits for data entry accuracy as directed by the Intake Manager.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as appropriate for the position. Complies with all policies and procedures of the agency, including those specified in the employee handbook.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client and VNA information.
- Acts as a contact person for the intake and tracking of new referrals for all service lines. Communicates status of referrals with Managers, Schedulers, Clinical Liaisons, Admission Nurses and the Clinical Regulatory Department. Gathers required information to generate new patient episodes. Keeps appropriate records and processes data to ensure accurate completion of referrals. Enters patient information from referral into HBOC. Prepares copies of written referrals for other departments as directed.
- Receives internal and external calls and addresses customer’s needs by asking appropriate questions. Discusses agency services with caller and transfers referral calls to Clinical Liaison for intake. Triages and directs all incoming calls to the appropriate individual or department. Logs all calls and follow-up activities on designated forms. Collates original copies of referrals before transfer to Medical Records.
- Enhances agency communication processes by monitoring the “Clinical Staff Off” calendar and using the Employee Phone List on the VNA Intranet.
- Contributes to improvement of patient and physician satisfaction through positive interactions and professionalism.
- Maintains computer physician database.
- Organizes and performs multiples tasks through to completion, with little or no supervision.
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of the Intake Center and able to maintain its operation in managers absence.
- Forwards information to clinical staff and office personnel via pager, cell phone, fax or e-mail as appropriate. Initiates procedure for notification of individuals associated with patients who have been transferred to a facility.
- Contributes to employee satisfaction through positive interactions and professionalism.
- Promotes the growth of the VNA by representing the organization, its mission, and its role in the community in a professional manner.
EDUCATION: High School diploma required.
EXPERIENCE : One or more years clerical experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS : Proficient in the use of computer equipment and software, learns department specific applications as needed. Familiar with I/S terminology associated with security risks such as viruses, worms, spam and pop-ups.
COMMUNICATION: Effective professional communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to read, analyze and interpret appropriate periodicals, regulations and correspondence pertaining to area of expertise. Ability to present information and respond to questions from employees, clients, managers, and the general public.
REASONING SKILLS : Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of standards effectively. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to spot and correct errors, and to know when additional assistance or training is required. Notifies manager in a timely manner when assistance with a decision is needed or unable to meet agreed upon deadlines.
PHYSICAL REQTS : Requires ability to sit, hear, see and speak. Requires manual dexterity sufficient for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculators, photocopiers. Requires mobility sufficient to gain access to the work area and complete the functions of the job.
ENVIRONMENT : General office environment with infrequent exposure to extreme conditions. (Temperature, noise, fumes, dust etc.)
COMPETENCIES : Demonstrates competencies as defined by the agency for this position.
Visiting Nurse Association - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The VNA of the Treasure Coast provides home healthcare services--including Medicare-reimbursed and private-duty nursing; home health aides;...