CIC Pharmacy Technician Monday through Friday 8-4:30, 9-5:30, or 10-6:30 rotating weekends and holidays
CIC support staff responsible for identifying and/or initiating one of two primary activities in the CIC: Patient Specific Therapeutic Interchange (PSTI) or rejected clinical claims management. This is a unique opportunity to use your clinical skills. The technician will work with the physican of the resident, insurance companies and our pharmacist to find an alternative path of therapy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Patient Specific Therapeutic Interchange (PSTI)
- Scan and send new or authorized orders to the appropriate Omnicare pharmacy, according to Policy and Procedure
- Scan, file and electronically store all PSTI orders
Rejected Clinical Claims:
Other Essential Duties
- Scan, file and electronically store all Prior Authorization (PA / ME) and Non-Covered Recommendation (NNC) documents
- Route incoming phone calls and faxes
- Retrieve electronic and paper documents as required for audits, quality assurance, etc.
- Maintain backup storage files for all electronically stored documents
- Cross train for coverage of other positions in the CIC
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
- Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Full job description available upon request
- Pharmacy Technician Experience desirable, education in biology, chemistry or pharmeceutical science
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible with regards to work schedule
- Long term care or medical environment experience preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or GED equivilant
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 12 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...