* Looking for an opportunity to enter a career in healthcare?
* Interested in Pharmacy with a new twist?
* Seeking advancement opportunities?
* Looking for a professional, team oriented workplace?
* Work for a diversified, growing and stable National Company!
CIC support staff responsible for identifying and/or initiating one of two primary activities in the CIC: Patient Specific Therapeutic Interchange (PSTI) or rejected clinical claims management
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate PSTI orders, checking for coverage and in compliance with all OCR direction
- Scan and send new or authorized orders to the appropriate Omnicare pharmacy, according to Best Practice policies and procedures
- Monitor CIC and operations queues for rejected claims requiring intervention
- Make appropriate interventions to obtain Prior Authorization (PA) as appropriate
- Utilize reject report assigned to the CIC to prioritize and work previous quarter clinical rejects
- Troubleshoot failed faxes and communicate new prescriber/facility information to all pertinent staff (i.e. CIC, local pharmacies)
- Work with Pharmacist to initiate requests for therapy changes based on formulary coverage.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Full job description available upon request
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc. Click on the Omnicare link to see a complete list.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Education, Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to take directions well
- Computer skills
- Medical billing background helpful
- Must know medical terminology
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous Pharmacy Technician experience is needed
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Omnicare, Inc - 19 months ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...