Perform specimen collection and specimen processing along with clerical tasks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Evaluates requests to determine drawing priority, proper collection technique and specimen
- Identifies patient and correlates patient with lab requests.
- Prepares patient and obtains specimens per competency checklist.
- Draws correct and adequate samples in a timely manner according to established protocol.
- Handles specimens according to test requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of test requirements.
- Maintains a legal chain of evidence when necessary.
- Accepts specimens from other personnel.
- Recognizes problems with specimens and responds appropriately.
Previous phlebotomy experience or graduate of a phlebotomy program preferred.
ThedaCare is a community health system that provides a wide range of health services to residents of nine central Wisconsin counties. It...