Oversee the Greater San Fernando Valley Office Early Stage Dementia Program, facilitate therapeutic support groups and provide care consultation to people with early stage dementia. Provide assistance and leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services for individuals with early stage dementia, family members, care partners, professionals, and the general public regarding early stage dementia in the region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct care consultations and home visits with families with early stage dementia in the Greater San Fernando Valley area
- Plan, implement, facilitate and evaluate Early Stage Dementia groups
- Plan and implement educational events for professionals, care partners of people with dementia, and the general public
- Supervise office staff, volunteers, or interns
- Maintain and research up-to-date information on early dementia intervention locally and nationally
- Create and maintain current literature for individuals with early stage and/or early onset disease and their families
- Collaborate with community partners to support efforts toward early diagnosis, treatment and support of individuals with memory loss
- Attend community and Association meetings
- MA in psychology, social work, gerontology, nursing or related field
- 3 yrs. exp. in the dementia care
- Dementia care, case management, assessment, counseling, support group exp.
- Supervisory and program management exp.
- Ability to train, supervise and organize staff, interns, volunteers
- CA driver license, insurance, reliable vehicle
- Work independently with little supervision
- Professional appearance and telephone presence
- Problem-solving skills and good judgment
Position is part-time, 20 hrs./week. Health and welfare benefits, generous paid time off. Please go to www.alz.org/socal, "About Our Chapter," for a more detailed job description.
- 2 years ago - save job