Position Title : Clinical Manager
Primary Function :
The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately. The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring that care and services are delivered appropriately and for the supervision of clinical personnel.
Essential Job Responsibilities :
- Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including home visits, to determine hospice/home care needs. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed. Conferences with MEDICAL DIRECTOR regarding any questions about an individual's eligibility for services.
- Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such as home visits, conferences, record review and the services provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services; and is available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians as appropriate.
- Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of care.
- Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and hospice personnel.
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Assists Clinical Director/Director of Patient Care Services and other supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation and evaluation of in service and continuing education programs. Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating organization policies, procedures, goals and objectives, both short and long range.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Assesses health needs of community and assists in the development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. Participates in public relation and community activities that promote the organization's role as an effective member of the hospice and health care delivery system. Promotes customer service orientation to all hospice personnel.
- Participates actively in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
- Promotes and supports a teamwork culture and environment internally and externally
- Ensure interactions remain positive and professional with all persons with whom you interact in the course of your work both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned or determined appropriate
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two (2) years management or supervisory experience. Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time and/or move around the office
- Requires the ability to work successfully with our software applications on a computer and/or a laptop, and /or a blackberry for extended periods
- May require going to other locations
- Require the ability to work successfully under sometimes stressful conditions
- Requires willingness to be flexible in changing job responsibilities, assignments and workload
- Requires patience, compassion, and the ability to work successfully with a variety of persons internally and/or externally
- May require critical thinking skills and the ability to work successfully independently or in a team with positive interactions
HealthEssentials, LLC - 7 months ago
Health Essentials is a full-service organization that has been providing care to the frail elderly population in California, Arizona and...