Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Clinical Nurse (LPN ), The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
As Clinical Nurse (LPN), you are responsible for providing direct resident care in accordance with established plans. Supervisor to Nurse Tech position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care setting.
- Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate personnel.
- Supervise Nurse Techs. Participate in Nurse Tech evaluations.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each resident’s medical status upon admission and throughout the resident’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Consulate Health Care guidelines
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Act in compliance with Consulate, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Oversee Falls Program and Pressure Sore Program for those residents on their team.
Clinical Nurse, LPN Requirements:
- Valid License as an LPN in the state of practice
- Graduate / completion of approved accredited school of nursing
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience