The Nurse Manager provides leadership to an assigned nursing unit(s) with responsibility for planning, directing and evaluating the patient care and services provided. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manages personnel in the accomplishment of designated goals and the provision of nursing care and services.
- Manages the provision of adequate and competent staffing.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care in producing desired patient outcomes.
- Addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Ensures departmental compliance with regulatory and JCAHO requirements.
- Monitors and adheres to annual hospital operating budget.
- Implements cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management decisions.
- Assists staff in providing patient care and services as needed.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Required Job Qualifications include:
's Degree in Nursing required.
Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
Previous experience in charge or leadership position.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...