Description – Overview
The ideal candidate will be a TX licensed RN with at least 2 year of current/recent scrubbing and circulating experience in the OR. Ambulatory experience preferred.
Option 1 - 8 hrs/day, 9:30a-6:00p
Option 2 - 10 hrs/day, 7:30a-6:00p w/scheduled day off during the week
1. Transformational Leadership: Clinical Nurse must lead others (co-workers, patients, families, significant others) to where they need to be in order to meet the demands of their future care needs .
o Organizes and prioritizes work of patient care team
o Assures continuity of care as patients transition across the continuum through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and coordination of services
o Practice autonomously within the scope of professional nursing practice.
2. Structural Empowerment: Clinical Nurse is empowered to problem solve in order to meet organizational and unit goals and achieve desired outcomes.
o Active member in shared decision making model at unit level
o Accountable for identifying barriers to patient care and solutions
o Active in developing strong relationships and partnerships with the organization to improve patient outcomes .
3. Exemplary Professional Practice: Clinical Nurse has a comprehensive understanding of the role of professional nursing in the institution that is demonstrated in the relationships with patients, families, and interdisciplinary team members.
o Trains, coaches and assists team members to ensure optimum patient care and efficient use of resources.
o Accountable for the management and provision of patient care in assigned area.
o Effectively and consistently functions in related roles as required; i.e. charge nurse, preceptor, clinical coach, protocol manager
o Demonstrates clinical competency and compassion in providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies
o Assesses patient's needs for nursing care and other services.
o Collaborates with physicians, other services, patient and patient's family to plan care and evaluate outcomes.
o Acts as a patient and family advocate in order to uphold patient rights
4. New Knowledge, Innovation, and Improvements: Clinical Nurse is responsible for the integration of innovation and research based findings into daily patient care practices.
o Improves practice by integrating results and theories of research studies.
o Participates in /leads evidenced based practice projects
o Participates in the redesign of care delivery for unit/center patient population
5. Empirical Quality Results: Clinical Nurse seeks solutions to problems inherent in our institution rather than creating work arounds.
o Ensures integration of safety and quality standards into practice and delivery of team care
o Minimizes at risk behavior in self and others
o Actively reports using the Good Catch and incident reporting systems
o Collaborates with others in quality and performance improvement efforts
o Documents care according to established standards
6. Other Duties as Assigned
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Preferred: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.
Preferred: Two years relevant clinical nursing experience.
Required: Current State of Texas Professional Nursing license (RN).
Preferred: Certification in Oncology or specialty practice area.
Patient care environment.
MD Anderson Cancer Center - 10 months ago
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world...