Description – Overview
The ideal candidate will be a TX licensed RN with at least 2 year of current/recent scrubbing and circulating experience in the OR. Ambulatory experience preferred.
Option 1 - 8 hrs/day, 9:30a-6:00p
Option 2 - 10 hrs/day, 7:30a-6:00p w/scheduled day off during the week
1. Transformational Leadership: Clinical Nurse must lead others (co-workers, patients, families, significant others) to where they need to be in order to meet the demands of their future care needs .
o Organizes and prioritizes work of patient care team
o Assures continuity of care as patients transition across the continuum through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and coordination of services
o Practice autonomously within the scope of professional nursing practice.
2. Structural Empowerment: Clinical Nurse is empowered to problem solve in order to meet organizational and unit goals and achieve desired outcomes.
o Active member in shared decision making model at unit level
o Accountable for identifying barriers to patient care and solutions
o Active in developing strong relationships and partnerships with the organization to improve patient outcomes .
3. Exemplary Professional Practice: Clinical Nurse has a comprehensive understanding of the role of professional nursing in the institution that is demonstrated in the relationships with patients, families, and interdisciplinary team members.
o Trains, coaches and assists team members to ensure optimum patient care and efficient use of resources.
o Accountable for the management and provision of patient care in assigned area.
o Effectively and consistently functions in related roles as required; i.e. charge nurse, preceptor, clinical coach, protocol manager
o Demonstrates clinical competency and compassion in providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies
o Assesses patient's needs for nursing care and other services.
o Collaborates with physicians, other services, patient and patient's family to plan care and evaluate outcomes.
o Acts as a patient and family advocate in order to uphold patient rights
4. New Knowledge, Innovation, and Improvements: Clinical Nurse is responsible for the integration of innovation and research based findings into daily patient care practices.
o Improves practice by integrating results and theories of research studies.
o Participates in /leads evidenced based practice projects
o Participates in the redesign of care delivery for unit/center patient population
5. Empirical Quality Results: Clinical Nurse seeks solutions to problems inherent in our institution rather than creating work arounds.
o Ensures integration of safety and quality standards into practice and delivery of team care
o Minimizes at risk behavior in self and others
o Actively reports using the Good Catch and incident reporting systems
o Collaborates with others in quality and performance improvement efforts
o Documents care according to established standards
6. Other Duties as Assigned
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Preferred: Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.
Preferred: Two years relevant clinical nursing experience.
Required: Current State of Texas Professional Nursing license (RN).
Preferred: Certification in Oncology or specialty practice area.
Patient care environment.
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world...