Apply Req ID: 9355
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Specialist
Nursing Area: Education/Staff Development
Department: 002800 - Professional Practice
Facility: North Memorial Medical Center
Union Code: Non Contract - NM
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Scheduled Hours/pp: 80
Shift Length: 8 Hour
Weekend Requirement: None
Experience Required: MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
Education Required: EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Four or more years’ clinical experience in related field of specialty. The four+ years of experience could be a combination of two+ years of experience in candidate’s area of expertise and two+ years of clinical research experience.
- Exemplary clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Demonstrated competence as a professional staff nurse. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned care center.
- Must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients’ status and interpret the appropriate information needed.
- Highly organized individual with demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills required. Must possess the ability to manage multiple projects and resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age related growth and development principles necessary to provide appropriate service and assure safety of patients. Competently performs job-specific technical skills and processes identified in the job-specific competency-based orientation materials.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in high stress situations, acts quickly in response to critical situations.
- Solid PC skills to include electronic medical record, MS applications, Internet, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings and capabilities of others.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Job Description: SUMMARY: The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is accountable for continuous improvement of patient outcomes and nursing care. The CNS is responsible and accountable for diagnosis and treatment of health/illness states, disease management, health promotion, and prevention of illness and risk behaviors among individuals, families, groups, and communities. The CNS is the clinical expert in a specialized area of nursing practice and in the delivery of evidence-based nursing interventions. The CNS integrates education, research, leadership and consultation into clinical roles and functions in collegial relationships with nursing peers and other professionals who influence the health environment. The CNS influences care to patients throuout the lifecycle using three spheres of influence: patient/client, nursing personnel, and organization.
- Master's or Doctoral degree in nursing with special clinical study.
Additional Requirements: Seeking CNS for Critical Care practice. Critical Care Certification (CCNS) or Adult Health CNS with 5 years recent critical care experience.
License Requirements: CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
o Registration as a CNS in the State of Minnesota. Current certification to the MN Board of Nursing or extension granted by the MN Board of Nursing to practice as a CNS, or
- Current licensure and registration as a RN in the State of MN and either:
o Pending certification of a CNS examination for up to six months after completion of a successful Clinical Nurse Specialist educational program. Failure to pass the exam will result in immediate suspension of privileges. Privileges will be reinstated upon evidence of successful completion of the certification examination. Prescriptive authority is not permitted during the pending certification process.