Works under the direction of the appropriate Nursing Director. Responsible for the ongoing clinical and professional development of the nursing staff.
1. Accountable for role modeling proficient clinical practice, patient safety and evidence based practice. Support an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth. Facilitate the implementation of evidence based practice.
2. Develop and implement strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice. Critically assess, plan, develop and deliver clinical curriculum, developmental programs and services. Facilitate learning utilizing various methods including lecture/teleconference, demonstration, clinical simulation; computer based learning/ web-based e-learning application.
3. Evaluate learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Utilize performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies. Maintain appropriate documentation. Provide leadership and oversight in the collection, review and analysis of data. Identify and act on research opportunities.
4. Assure seamless orientation of new and/or transferring clinical staff with oversight and influence of the orientation experience. Support and develop preceptors, mentors, clinical scholars, nurse residents and advanced practice curriculum.
5. Provide clinical leadership. Establish visibility and credibility. Lead and participate on assigned committees and teams. Lead up with clinical learning expertise and decision making.
6. Completes mandatory education requirements. Maintains accountabilities towards achieving clinical competencies and workforce development goals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and expertise of skills necessary for areas of specialty
- Ability to maintain accountabilities towards achieving clinical competencies and workforce development goals
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrates understanding of adult learning principles
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills
- Must possess critical thinking skills with ability to prioritize needs rapidly
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and improve processes required
o ACLS required for Cardiac Rehab, Endoscopy, Surgical, ICU and PCU and Telemetry
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Education, or related field (Clinical Nursing Educators hired prior to April 2, 2012 have until May 30, 2015 to complete their Master’s)
- Wyoming RN license
- Specialty certifications as required per department:
o ACLS and PALS required for PACU
o TNCC required for ICU
o ACLS and TNCC required for Emergency Department and Clinical Decision Unit, PALS or ENPC required within one year of hire
o ACLS and NRP required for Labor & Delivery
o NRP required for Mother Baby and Nursery
o NRP, TNCC, and PALS or ENPC required for Pediatrics
o TNCC and CNOR required for Operating Room
o Completion of de-escalation training and certification required during orientation for Behavioral Health
- Three years work experience in area of specialty (or equivalent area)
- Advanced clinical certification for assigned clinical focus
- Two years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning content
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...