This position will provide quality patient care to patients of the Witham Eye Wear Center of the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Eye Optical Shop. Assists patients in frame selections, dispensing, and repairs in the optical dispensaries. Assists with related administrative responsibilities required for the operation of the eyewear center; serves as liaison to optical lab. Submits all billing for Witham optical sales through third party insurers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Assist patients of Witham Eye Wear Center with frame selection, glasses dispensing, glasses repairs and vision insurance calculations and submissions.
• Ensure correct glasses prescription and fit especially with unusual prescriptions involved with low vision and other high prescriptions. Match RX with proper lens technology.
• Answer incoming phone lines and field questions from the public about RXs and insurance coverage. Notify patients when their orders come in. Keep accurate entries in patient records, handle and screen patient complaints, order supplies for the GEI Eye Wear Center.
• Liaison with optical vendors. Place frame orders, track trends, return old stock frames, and maintain a frame room inventory of 500+ frames.
• Post charges to IDX and make sure the correct amount is billed to the vision insurance companies. File insurance claims for glasses and exams.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required: Associate Degree from an accredited institution in Optometric Technology with one year of experience; or high school diploma and 5 years of related experience.
Indiana University - 17 months ago