Under the direction of the Central Team Leader and Manager for Clinical services, ensures optimum patient outcomes related to medication use by preventing or resolving drug-related problems and coordinating the acquisition, distribution and control of all drug therapy to patients under the care of the pharmacist.
- Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Prior hospital pharmacy experience preferred but not required.
- Work requires licensure to practice pharmacy in the state of Massachusetts.
- Work requires a level of proficiency with hospital pharmacy practice acquired with at least two years of hospital experience, and/or completion of an ASHP accredited residency in hospital pharmacy practice.
- Work requires substantial interpersonal skills towards our customers (particularly patients, physicians and nurses) and fellow employees of the hospital.
- Work requires a comprehensive understanding of the procedures, systems, and equipment used by pharmacists and technicians in the pharmacy as well as a high level of proficiency in performing pharmacist’s duties and responsibilities.
- Work requires a high level of analytical ability, organizational and personal management skill and focus to ensure the concerted approach to operations.
- Practice experience working with as well as revising and/or implementing information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Professional in conduct and demeanor.
- Proficient with standard software used in a pharmacy office setting (i.e. MS Word, Excel, pharmacy systems, web browsers, etc.)
Boston Medical Center - 14 months ago