Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center is a state-of-the-art multicultural, community-based clinic located at 1313 Penn Avenue North in Minneapolis. This customer focused pharmacy interacts with professionals from medical, dental, and psychiatric areas of the clinic as well as with a diverse, urban and underserved client population. NorthPoint's mission is "partnering to create a healthier community".
NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center's pharmacy seeks a Clinical Pharmacist to join their team. The pharmacy hours are Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm.
The Clinical Pharmacist assesses and recommends drug therapy in collaboration with the medical provider staff. This individual also provides direct patient care through patient consultation, collaborative practice, prescription, education, and monitor and track patient outcomes.
Hennepin County offers impressive benefits that include: a comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and savings plans, insurance protection programs, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and implement clinical collaborative practice agreements (CPA) and protocols based on published professional guidelines and in collaboration with medical staff for improvement and integration of patient care.
- Educate new providers on existing CPAs and perform routine evaluation and maintenance of existing CPAs and protocols including anticoagulation therapy, diabetes education, asthma management, and smoking cessation.
- Conduct direct patient care through therapy consultation, monitoring, and adjustment according to established CPAs and protocols.
- Establish and maintain the organization's drug formulary; perform drug information research, give presentations, and document results for the Formulary Committee.
- Serve as in-house drug information specialist and conduct medication regimen consultation by providing drug information to prescribing providers, and recommending changes in therapy based upon clinical trial evaluations and patient chart reviews.
- Assist with prior authorization and patient drug assistance requests.
- Serve as primary instructor and preceptor for pharmacy students and develop and maintain internship curriculum.
- Educate and train pharmacy staff on clinical topics.
- Dispense prescription drugs according to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. The posting will remain open until filled. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. A background check may be completed post-interview.
- A doctoral degree in pharmacy or an equivalent pharmacy degree as determined by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy for licensure.
- Possession of a valid license to practice pharmacy in the State of Minnesota.
- Two years or more of clinical experience or equivalent training.
- Completion of a pharmacy practice residency.
- Knowledge of pharmacotherapy, pathophysiology, assessment, drug therapy treatment protocols, and pharmacy management operation systems.
- Ability to:
- Communicate verbally and in writing with peers and superiors.
- Inter-relate in a multicultural environment.
- Consult with medical provider personnel.
- Manage and track data.
- Utilize evidence-based decision-making.
- Oversee clinical projects and mentor/train pharmacy students.
- Demonstrate the employee competencies.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@co.hennepin.mn.us or call us at 612.348.2163.
Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the Human Resources Department, A-400 Government Center, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 612-348-2163.
Current open positions may be viewed at www.hennepin.jobs
Hennepin County - 2 years ago